Saturday, April 28, 2012

3D Cards

During Christmas, I had a lot of spare time lying around and decided to make my closest friends personalised Christmas cards! I searched my house for any coloured materials I had lying around and ended up finding a lot of gift wrapping tissue paper (left over from my sister's scrap booking days) and PVC glue.

I thought it would be a good idea to make 3D Christmas cards!

This is how it turned out :


What you'll need 

  • Plain cardboard (I used brown because they were already premade and cut) 
  • Tissue paper (gift wrapping kind) 
  • Scissors 
  • PVC Glue (Dry glue is not as effective) 
  • Coloured Pencils 
  • Permanent marker. 

Steps 

  1. Draw a faint outline of the picture you want to draw then lightly colour it. 
  2. Cut the strips of tissue paper into thin rectangular strips. Remember not to cut it too long or otherwise the balls will be too big!
  3. Scrunch all the tissue paper into little balls. 
  4. Cover the areas with PVC glue and place the balls on the card in a systematic way. If you don't, it will come out very uneven. Try to put them as close together as possible. 
  5. Finish off the card with permanent marker by writing a short message! 
And voila! a cute little Christmas card. :) 

The reason why I used PVC glue instead of dry glue is because when it dries, it's clear and it helps keep the balls together. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment