Thursday, July 19, 2012

Bedroom Inspiration

I've recently acquired a new bedroom which is currently completely empty. At a tiny space of approximately 3mx4m, I'm not sure what I can put in my room besides my bed and possibly a small table.

I've been looking at the possibility of getting a loft bed, maximising space by elevating my bed but I decided against it because it was so expensive ($600 at Ikea?!)! I also thought of DIY-ing my own loft bed by placing my bed on top of some bookshelves and creating a nice cosy mini library, BUT, after researching materials used in most bookshelves I realised my bed plus my weight and my mattress would collapse the whole thing and I, better than anyone else, would know that I could definitely not get compensation from misuse of a bookcase!

I really liked the idea of a loft bed.. but Alas! I am a poor university student and I cannot afford one just yet. I guess I'll just have to go with minimalism! 





No comments:

Post a Comment